Monday, January 21, 2008

Welcome!

Hello All! Welcome to my blog! Some of you might not be familiar with my blog title so I want to tell you a little bit about it. The Selling of Fear in the Media is probably not what you think at first. By this, I mean that the "fear" is not scary movies or the walking "undead," but more so the fear that is instilled in viewers of the evening news. How many times are we driving home from work or school and hear on a local radio station, "How many sexual predators are living in your neighborhood? Find out tonight at eleven." This type of fear is something that media experts have worked very hard in mastering, learning how the scare the viewer into watching the shows and buying the necessary precautions to keep themselves and families safe. I am currently working on a project with this topic and am very exciting to keep you guys updated on new findings. Thank you guys so much for visiting!

No comments: